Many female restaurant owners and managers have found out how to drive a starving crowd to their dining establishments on a shoe string budget plan.
On the other hand,numerous men restaurant owners and managers appear more likely to stick with the status quo and numerous keep using standard marketing techniques even while they continue to lose money.
The problem with standard restaurant marketing techniques is that they are getting increasingly more expensive while they are proving to be less and less effective.
Maybe a psychologists can give insight to why ladies are taking the lead in using unconventional restaurant techniques in the restaurant business. Due to the fact that we understand that guys are typically more prepared to take risks,this seems odd.
Never-the less,ladies appear to be the more aggressive gender when it comes to restaurant marketing.
Here are some of the numerous unconventional marketing techniques ladies are now using:
1. Females are using far less radio,TV and print advertising.
2. They are doing a better task of recording consumer information such as names,addresses,birthdays,anniversaries and essential email addresses.
3. Females are doing a lot of direct mail promotions and they are doing much more email promotions to their consumer information base.
4. They are taking advantage of the power of press releases. Maybe they are more effective in this location due to the fact that an excellent news release should strike an emotional button in the reader and all of us understand that ladies excel when it comes to tuning into emotions.
5. Females understand what their “Unique Selling Proposition” or “USP” is and they can plainly describe it in one to 3 sentences. When it comes to marketing their restaurant,they don’t try to be all things to all people.
6. Females do a better task of negotiating and with these abilities,they are able to purchase advertising for 10% to 50% on the dollar. Every dollar conserved on advertising and marketing (as long as the advertising brings in the very same quantity of business) goes straight to the bottom line as profit.
7. Females are using the power of the Internet to bring in consumers and save up to 90% of the normal cost of bringing in a new or repeat consumer.
8. Finally,ladies do a much better task of tracking marketing projects than guys do. This fact alone supplies them with the evidence they need to drop standard marketing techniques that are not working and broaden making use of unconventional restaurant techniques that are working.
In addition ladies seem to do a superior job in keeping up with replacement parts for food service equipment that breaks quite often. Here is one manufacturer they frequent for stocking up quality replacement parts: